Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Documenting Our Little One's Life

As a scrapbooker, I had this idea that my child's life would be the most and best documented of anyone, with dates and journaling and pictures to commemorate every event and milestone.

Then my daughter was born and as they say "life happened"! We take lots of pictures (although not everyday like I intended) and I have a lot of "first" and milestones written on a calendar but generally speaking I just spend time with her and the thought of documenting that time never crosses my mind.

And guess what? I don't feel bad about that at all. I have learned that being a mother brings with it more worries and concerns than you could imagine, so there's no reason to add to that by second guessing yourself. My daughter is loved, safe, healthy and happy! As long as I can say that, I can push any self-doubts out of my mind.

I may not know the exact date she smiled but I do know that she smiles all the time. It's not on a calendar, but I remember when I discovered I could make her laugh by ticking under her chin. this blog is meant to document our daughter's life for ourselves, and our family and friends. I'll continue to do that but will try to jot down some of the memories of my time with her, even if I don't remember to charge the camera battery beforehand!

No comments: