We enjoyed the Lantern Festival again this year, even though it was pretty chilly.
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013
Here's what we like to do in the fall, y'all!
|Crazy socks like her brother.|
|Hanging with Maw Susan|
|Riding the scooter.|
|5 Minutes, 5 Pipecleaners|
|Logan George made Grandpa Mike (including his "stick thingy that makes you sick").|
|Decorating a feather for classroom turkey.|
- Operation Christmas Child boxes: Each kid got to pack their own box. It was funny though when the puppets we got wouldn't fit. Sophie Rose was so upset until I told her we could donate them to her preschool.
- Pumpkin Patches and Fall Festivals
|Waiting to ride the ponies|
|Junior High Friend, Lynell and her daughter Tawny|
|Petting the bunny|
|Climbing the spider web|
|Dunk tank (she had some help)|
|A "real" hay ride|
- Maw Susan taught the grandkids how to do needlepoint. They created crosses for their Bibles.
- I order Kiwi Crate for the kids. It's a monthly crafting box. There are several art projects in each box. Kalyn and Sophie Rose painted pictures in the style of Mondrian. Then Logan George and Sophie Rose created a hanging sculpture.
- Leaf Art: We collected some leaves on our walk to the park and then decided to decorate them.
|This was our inspiration.|
- Halloween Fun
|I asked her to stand up so I could get her costume and this is what she did.|
|What a goofball!|
|Logan George went trick-or-treating alone, since Sophie Rose got sick.|
- Logan George is going to play basketball this winter. He had to do an evaluation and I was very impressed.