Friday, January 29, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
He has little vests, chaps, and hats for the kids to wear for the pictures. I must say Sophie is the cutest little cowgirl ever!
The owner of Diamond Photography was great. He was able to photoshop me out of the picture. As you can see above I was standing next to her. In the pictures we bought, I'm not there. She's just sitting on the pony all by herself!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
We went to our friends to watch the Cowboys in the playoff game. Sophie didn't have a cowboys outfit (just the Dolphins), so Ella Kay let us borrow one of hers.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Just a short recap of the week (followed by some cute pics of Sophie from Tuesday).
- Monday and Wednesday she stayed with Maw Susan while I worked.
- Tuesday and Thursday we went to the mall for StrollerStrides.
- Wednesday afternoon Maw Susan took her to Baby Bookworms (the baby story time at the local library).
- Tuesday we went to church for the weekly staff meeting, then went to the mall to exchange a gift.
- Thursday we did lots of laundry and watched a Baby Signs DVD.
Tomorrow we are taking Grandpa to the doctor, then stopping by the office before we head to Gymboree to get in a little retail therapy. On Saturday, I plan to attend the StrollerStrides class at the park before completely my errands for the week. On Sunday, Sophie and I are going to Ella Kay's to watch the Cowboys. Paul can go too, if he's not working. We are all ready for this project to be over.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Enjoying a ride around the house.
Loves to stand up.
She got several teething toys in her stocking.
The elephant is a "Fur Real" one and it blows kisses when you pet it's back. There was a panda bear one for MIC, too.
Giving her baby doll kisses. Santa always brings the girls a doll and the boys a car/truck (or some other type of vehicle).
Monday, January 11, 2010
- Drive through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights.
- Use your nose to sniff out the holiday scents.
- Put decorations on every door in the house.
- Dress festively from head to toe.
- Read a Christmas story with a grandparent.
- Make gifts for the teachers.
- Watch Charlie Brown Christmas movie.
- Choose an angel from the Angle tree.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Play with snow.
- Send a holiday greeting to someone in the armed forces.
- Create homemade cards to give to the grandparents.
- Take donations to Prairie Paws Animal Shelter.
- Visit a tree lot to see a real tree.
- rite letter to Santa.
- Hang your ornament on the tree. (The ornament was her treat for the day.)
- Create a snow scape with whipped cream.
- Visit Santa.
- Sing "Happy Birthday" to the Baby Jesus. (This was on the day we had the birthday party for Jesus at preschool.)
- Put out reindeer food.
- Take the Labor & Delivery nurses at the hospital a special treat. (We did this on her 7 month birthday.)
- Attend a tree lighting.
- Make an ornament to give to someone special. We actually made a door hanger for Pastor Mike who was in the hospital.
- Read a favorite Christmas book.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Sophie stayed home with my mom yesterday so I could attend a funeral for one of my students grandfather. We were planning to go to church this morning but I decided to let her sleep and keep her in as much as we could. We did go to Paul's parents for lunch, and she enjoyed visiting with her Grandad and Grandma. I'm letting her stay home tomorrow with Maw Susan and hopefully we are seeing the last of this cold.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
She got this cool walker-thingy from her Uncle Bill and Aunt Cheri for Christmas. She really likes it but is a little unsteady actually walking with it. the wheels lock in place so that is how we keep it most of the time.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Then my daughter was born and as they say "life happened"! We take lots of pictures (although not everyday like I intended) and I have a lot of "first" and milestones written on a calendar but generally speaking I just spend time with her and the thought of documenting that time never crosses my mind.
And guess what? I don't feel bad about that at all. I have learned that being a mother brings with it more worries and concerns than you could imagine, so there's no reason to add to that by second guessing yourself. My daughter is loved, safe, healthy and happy! As long as I can say that, I can push any self-doubts out of my mind.
I may not know the exact date she smiled but I do know that she smiles all the time. It's not on a calendar, but I remember when I discovered I could make her laugh by ticking under her chin. this blog is meant to document our daughter's life for ourselves, and our family and friends. I'll continue to do that but will try to jot down some of the memories of my time with her, even if I don't remember to charge the camera battery beforehand!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
After lunch we went to visit with my sister and her kids before they went back to East Texas. Kalyn seemed to smile more today (although I didn't get any pictures of the visiting).