1. Father's Day: Paul got so many compliments when he wore the Vadar shirt. We took Paul to Medieval Times for dinner and their show. He loved it and so did the kids.
6. We got the cousins in swim lessons at the same time for 2 weeks at the local rec center. They have all been doing a great job.
7. Both kids attended VBS at Stonebridge UMC. I even caught Logan George singing during the closing session one day.
|Crazy Hair Day!|
|Lunch in the car after VBS|
|And nap time!|
8. More from our Summer Camp at Home, lots of bug activities.
|Bug flags and bug math|
|Bug Dice Game|
9. Playing in the rain...one of our bucket list items.
10. Notice the cast in the above photos...yes, Logan George broke his arm just 24 hours after moving into the new house. He was riding his bike on the lot next door and fell over. Paul felt really bad because he didn't think he was really hurt. Aunt Kelly thought it might be dislocated. Honestly, I was hoping it was broke and not sprained because with a break he gets a cast (and sprain would just mean wrapping it and me trying to keep him from using it). He had the cast for 3 weeks and was a trouper through it all.
11. Speaking of the pediatric urgent care clinic...we made another trip there about 10 days later when Sophie Rose swallowed a coin. Oh, yeah, then Logan George decided to pretend to do it too and accidentally swallowed 2 coins (he was trying to spit them out and inhaled before he spit and they went down). After speaking with the nurse and Sophie Rose complaining about her tummy hurting, we were at the clinic where an x-ray showed her coin was lodged in her esophagus. We were sent to the hospital, but between the clinic door and the car she threw up and Paul realized she had thrown up the coin. Yay!! Logan George was fine, his coins were already in his intestines and just passed on their own.
12. Having a new construction home surrounded by lots in varying degrees of construction means we have seen lots of creepy crawlies. It started the weekend we moved in when Aunt Kelly found a snake in a bag that had been in our living room for 2 days. I'd like to believe the snake got in the bag after it left my house (either in her car or her house). Paul's seen a black widow spider (and he hates spiders). I found a scorpion in the pantry. At first I thought it was a dead spider, but it flipped it's tail when I touched it with the paper towel to throw it away. At that point I started yelling "PAUL, PAUL, PAUL!" He was in the garage so I told Logan George to get him. LG goes to the garage and yells, "PAUL!" Then I hear him say, "Don't walk, don't walk." I guess I had conveyed the appropriate level of panic. The pest people came within days to take care of everything. He put out some sticky traps and we caught a mouse too. Thankfully, most of what I see now is pretty small or dead!