Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Induction Part 2

So, day 2 of the induction. I called before 5am (I woke up and decided I couldn't wait). They told me to come in at 7am. Yay!!!! I let everyone sleep in a little and then got them up to go to the hospital.

Here we are outside.

I had to wait a little bit once I got to the hospital, but I was undressed, in a room and hooked up to the monitors by 8:30am. They gave the meds to start labor at 8:30 and broke my water at 9am. Contractions started right after that. Everyone knew I wanted the epidural and I was already dilated 4 cm before I came in so I didn't have to endure much before they came in to place it at 10:15am. After that all was good. At about 11am the nurse checked and I was at 9am. My doctor came in right after that on her lunch rounds, and couldn't believe I was that far along. They kept checking me and at 2:30pm the doctor was back and I could start pushing. Thirty minutes later, Sophie was born.
I had over 9 hours of music on my Ipod (thanks for all your suggestions). Here I am just chilling (thanks to the epidural).

Paul's guitar teacher wrote a lullaby for the baby. I downloaded it to my phone and would play it for her.

No comments: