Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

I decided to use one of the pumpkins we got to make a homemade pumpkin pie. I found a great recipe and instructions online at Pick You Own. I did it at naptime after I put Sophie down and then let Logan help me.







Here he is cleaning the seeds so I could roast them. The rest of the pumkin was getting steamed in the microwave.




He did a great job cleaning them.



Helping me scoop the "meat" out.





Mixing the ingredients.




In the oven to bake.




Half eaten! Yummy!



I've made 2 more after another pumpkin patch trip. One of them I didn't even use a crust, just made the best part. I would suggest a little more sugar, wasn't quite sweet enough for my taste. Of course, it might be just right with some whip cream.

No comments: