Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Doctor's Appointment February 10th

So I had to do the sugar test today. I was expecting it to be grosser than it was (I know that really isn't the word, but it works). The orange drink really wasn't that bad. I've been drinking orange soda anyway since most are caffeine-free. While I was waiting the hour, I also saw the doctor and stuff. I've gained 4 pounds since the last visit for a total of about 20. The baby's heartrate was in the 140-150's. The doctor also measures my belly, but I've never asked what it was. All in all, no big deal.

Until I got the results the next day. I didn't pass. I was sure I would because everyone says if I had gestational diabetes, I'd be so much bigger than I am. Anyway, I have to go back next week, for the 3 hour test. I was only about 10 points too high, so hopefully I can pass this one. Right now my biggest issue with it is that I have to watch my carbs and sugar intake for 3 days prior to the test. That means no Valentine's Day chocolates, or really good Italian dinner (that was the plan). I'm going to make mom feed me for the weekend (since she's diabetic), and hopefully, I'll be able to go back to normal eating after the test.

No comments: