Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Tyler Roses


On a recent trip to visit my sister, we took the younger kids to the Rose Gardens. I have taken Sophie each year, and had been afraid we wouldn't make it there this year. But thankfully the roses were still in bloom even though we are well into November. The gardens have this huge grassy lawn and we just let the kids loose...letting them run and roll around on the grass.





















The kids were fascinated by all the water features in the garden, and even posed for us on this bridge.















Logan loved the maze-like structure of the rose plants. I did lose him and Sophie for about 10 seconds among the plants, but manage to catch just a glimpse of his head before they got too far. It was a teaching moment as we discussed what they should do if they he Mommy yelling their names. Although he wasn't actually trying to hide from me he did understand that when I can't see him it's like he is hiding and how that makes me sad.









If you look closely, you'll notice Sophie's hair is wet. They had so much fun splashing in the pool.









As soon as they saw this small pool, they took off and couldn't wait to put their hands in the very cold water.









My sister Kelly and her daughter, Kalyn.

















I hope to take Sophie every year. One day we might even come during the Rose Festival.
















And looking back at past years...





No comments: