Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation Bible School: Pandamania

I decided to let Logan go to VBS at the church across the street from ours. Let's be honest, the theme was Pandas...he had to go. I was really concerned because it is the first time to leave him with someone other than family or Ms. Keri, and I wasn't going to be in the building. I met with the woman in charge the week before to just make sure she knew about my concerns. My biggest concerns are regarding his communication skills. I feel that I can understand him most of the time but I've been with him 24/7 for the last 6 months. I know how frustrating it can be when he isn't being understood and I wanted the workers to have that heads up. I felt much better after meeting with her. Of course, I still got teary when I dropped him off the first day. Thankfully, our friend Zoey went also and was in his group. He seemed to have fun ( as indicated by the fact that he didn't tell me he didn't want to go). The last day the children performed the songs they had learned for us in the sanctuary. Below are a couple of pictures of Logan. If we are facebook friends, I'll get some videos posted there.

In this picture, our friend Zoey is the girl on the left singing her heart out.




Oh, did I forget to mention that Logan refuses to sing or dance. Most of the time he even throws a fit if others try to dance or sing...thankfully for this performance he just stood there.

No comments: