Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010

So on Thursday night, Paul and I are watching TV after finally getting Sophie to sleep and I realize that Friday is New Year's Eve. Paul asks if I want to do anything and I just laugh. We can't leave Logan with anyone yet, and I'm not ready to venture out with both of them (beyond a fast food place with a playground). And let's face it, all either of us really wants is a decent night's sleep. We thought about doing an early dinner but then just decided we go get barbecue and stay in. We could "celebrate" early before the kids went to bed and maybe, just maybe, Paul and I would make until midnight.

Ha! We did get barbecue (and you should see Sophie eat corn on the cob), Paul's mom had given us some sparkling cider so I poured everyone a glass at midnight (aka 8:30pm). I taught the kids how to say "cheers", but wasn't fast enough to catch it on the camera. Sophie's first taste of the carbonation was hilarious, but I guess she decided the bubbles were worth it because I had to pry the cup out of her hand later.



Then we played a game. This might become our family tradition for New Year's Eve...Family Game Night.










The kids loved playing Elefun. I'm sure this will be out again over the next few days.


After we put the kids to bed (which is an ordeal right now), Paul and I settled on the couch to watch a movie (in the hopes that it would help us stay awake until the New Year). We picked the wrong movie (The American, slow-paced and random, unconnected scenes). We got about 40 minutes into it and I was falling asleep, so we went to bed.


Happy New Year to All! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for the Walker family of four!

No comments: