Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tyler Rose Museum

I decided that I wanted to start a tradition with Sophie to go to the Rose Festival each year. Unfortunately, I called to find out when it was the day after it ended. But we still went to Tyler to see the Rose Gardens and the museum. It was a quick trip just for the afternoon, but we had a nice time. The museum had telephones with recorded messages explaining the exhibits. I let Sophie listen to a couple.
The 1994 Rose Queen carried a scepter that had an elephant head on it. I couldn't get a good shot of her dress, but maybe one year it will be on display.
After the museum, we went out to the Gardens. We had to ride in the old "elevator". I use the word "elevator" loosely. It made me very nervous, so we didn't come back in it, we walked all the way around the building instead.

No comments: